Naija Talk community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Naija Talk community

Ghana Lotto Results, F-t-a Satellite Technology, Sport forcast, ICT forum.
 
HomePublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

 

 Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashawo
Leader
Leader
Ashawo

Posts : 5607

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 07:59

THE African side returned to their homeland to a hero’s welcome and have decided to donate their prize money from the summer tournament to poor people in the region.

Algeria’s World Cup squad will donate their bonus money to the people of Gaza, striker Islam Slimani has revealed.

After reaching the second round of the tournament, Algeria were eliminated by Germany after an excellent display, taking Joachim Low’s men into extra time before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.

The team returned to Algeria as heroes and the players have opted to donate their prize money from the summer tournament to those less fortunate.

“They need it more than us,” Slimani said when asked about why the squad were making the grand gesture.

The revelation comes after Ghana boycotted a training session during the competition following a row with the nation’s FA over bonus money.

The dispute was eventually resolved when the country’s government flew a plane over to Brazil carrying €2.3 million in cash, only for the side to then be eliminated in the group stage.

Nigeria were also embroiled in a cash-related dispute, with players downing tools at training over fears they would not be paid for playing in the tournament, following a similar episode at the Confederations Cup last summer.

President Goodluck Jonathan intervened to assure the players that payment would be made, though that did little to aid their cause as they were knocked out in the last-16 by France.
Back to top Go down
arsenaaaaaal
Professional
Professional
arsenaaaaaal

Sex : male
Posts : 2606

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 08:34

Hope eagles can emulate this.
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

Posts : 14223
Location : Arabsat 20E

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 08:44

@arsenaaaaaal wrote:
Hope eagles can emulate this.
4 wia? Dey were eliminated cos dey got distracted wif dat bonus issue
Back to top Go down
heavenboundpkay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
heavenboundpkay

Sex : m
Posts : 1564
Location : Dar es Salaam

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 08:49

Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
Back to top Go down
sunnyga
Expert
Expert


Sex : Male
Posts : 4393

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 08:50

@arsenaaaaaal wrote:
Hope eagles can emulate this.
for this naija??...!@
Back to top Go down
arsenaaaaaal
Professional
Professional
arsenaaaaaal

Sex : male
Posts : 2606

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 08:53

Na wa o.eagles get money pass those algerian players o,yet dem no fit do am.
Back to top Go down
stainlez
Veteran
Veteran


Sex : Male
Posts : 9283
Location : Lagos

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 12:20

@heavenboundpkay wrote:
Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
The money was distributed to the poor in Algeria and not poor brazilians.
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate


Sex : male
Posts : 20755
Location : lag

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 17:06

dats d spirit of givers
Back to top Go down
ancl
Master
Master
ancl

Posts : 17355

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 18:34

yah only few peoples can do that
Back to top Go down
heavenboundpkay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
heavenboundpkay

Sex : m
Posts : 1564
Location : Dar es Salaam

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 19:07

@stainlez wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
The money was distributed to the poor in Algeria and not poor brazilians.
Nope. They gave it to Gaza....statistics show that 34% percent of Algerians are poor...Your own people are poor and you are going elsewhere to show charity..SMH
Back to top Go down
smile2012
Ultimate
Ultimate


Sex : male
Posts : 20755
Location : lag

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 22:46

Den dey show Muscle
Back to top Go down
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

Sex : male
Posts : 1365
Location : Jasikan

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 23:01

@heavenboundpkay wrote:
@stainlez wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
The money was distributed to the poor in Algeria and not poor brazilians.
Nope. They gave it to Gaza....statistics show that 34% percent of Algerians are poor...Your own people are poor and you are going elsewhere to show charity..SMH
If we all operated like that nobody will give Africa aid
Back to top Go down
heavenboundpkay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
heavenboundpkay

Sex : m
Posts : 1564
Location : Dar es Salaam

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-05, 23:12

@turkcorp wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
@stainlez wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
The money was distributed to the poor in Algeria and not poor brazilians.
Nope. They gave it to Gaza....statistics show that 34% percent of Algerians are poor...Your own people are poor and you are going elsewhere to show charity..SMH
If we all operated like that nobody will give Africa aid
Upon the aid africa has received, what remarkable change have you identified since you were born? The aid to africa comes with stupid conditions which stifle growth. So dont tell me aid is some good thing that has happened to africa. When your family is hungry, you dont go giving money to charity.
Back to top Go down
Lottodream
Expert
Expert
Lottodream

Sex : Female
Posts : 4367
Location : IB

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-06, 00:09

if na Nigeria money no they reach them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lafesdelect.co.ng
turkcorp
Senior
Senior
turkcorp

Sex : male
Posts : 1365
Location : Jasikan

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-06, 02:41

@heavenboundpkay wrote:
@turkcorp wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
@stainlez wrote:
@heavenboundpkay wrote:
Wow...very touching...Buh dont they have poor people in their own country?
The money was distributed to the poor in Algeria and not poor brazilians.
Nope. They gave it to Gaza....statistics show that 34% percent of Algerians are poor...Your own people are poor and you are going elsewhere to show charity..SMH
If we all operated like that nobody will give Africa aid
Upon the aid africa has received, what remarkable change have you identified since you were born? The aid to africa comes with stupid conditions which stifle growth. So dont tell me aid is some good thing that has happened to africa. When your family is hungry, you dont go giving money to charity.
Because of corruption that is why there haven't been changed in Africa not conditions attached to aids or grants even India and China give us grants and aid there are more poor people there than in Africa
Back to top Go down
Safex
Master
Master
Safex

Posts : 14223
Location : Arabsat 20E

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty2014-07-06, 07:30

Naija will always b naija, abeg!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor   Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naija Talk community :: Bet9ja/Nairabet prediction and selections-
Jump to: