Greensprings School, an international co-educational institute comprising of Primary and Secondary schools situated in both Anthony and Lekki areas of Lagos is requiring a female graduate with
excellent interpersonal skills to fill in for the position of a School Guidance Counselor at the Anthony Campus.
School Guidance Counselor
1. Establishing a relationship of trust, respect and confidence with teachers and students
2. Assist the Principal in developing, coordinating and implementing the school’s guidance, administrative rules and directives
3. Deliver workshops and seminars for both teachers and students.
4. Make herself available to all students seeking guidance and counseling services.
5. Meets with classroom teachers to discuss difficulty of student(s)
6. Provide both academic and personal counseling for teachers and Students
7. Provide both individual and group counseling for students and teachers
8. Attending and participating in staff meetings, parents’ evenings and extra-curricular activities.
9. Responsible for mediation, intervention and determining punishment in cases of conflicts (Between students, between staff or between student and staff).
10. Advocate on behalf of the student and her family. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students.
11. Set up meeting with parents and teachers when appropriate to discuss a student’s behavior or academic performance
12. Assisting year six and year eleven students with their transitions
13. Monitor and review progress of any and all students through the year
14. Complete assessments, referrals, and counseling with students and families (Yearly or Termly)
15. Understand, evaluate, and interpret academic performance data. Interpret information about students to the student, their parents/guardians, and staff.
16. Consulting with teachers, administrators, specialists and parents to meet student needs
17. Complete written reports about a teacher or a student as needed or as requested by Principal.
18. Conduct career and educational programs and planning activities.
•B.ED Guidance and Counseling, B. SC Psychology
•M.ED Guidance and Counseling, M.SC Psychology
Relevant Work Experience:
A minimum of five(5) years of counseling in an international school
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should please send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject: GUIDANCE COUNSELOR