An NGO based in the Niger Delta with diverse local and international funding sources requires the services of
a Development Communication Intern.
Development Communication Intern
ABOUT THE POSITION
The intern will:
• Assist with developing an effective communication strategy related to the organization’s programs and events with emphasis on sharing timely and regular information with stakeholders
• Assist with updating and maintaining the organization’s website and social media properties, and with the development of new information for these digital channels
• Identify and analyze on a regular basis communication needs of the stakeholders (Staff, Donor Agencies, and Community Members) and develop appropriate materials to address and respond to such needs
• Working closely with the Development Communication Specialist and Business Development and Partnership Adviser to manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, organization’s website, and Social Media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc)
• Liaise with traditional and print/electronic media on promotion of the project activities
• Coordinate the development and production of IEC materials with the various programme specialist and stakeholders to ensure quality and timely dissemination and with management approval, place such materials on our website and to local and international media as is deemed appropriate by management
• Assist Senior Programs Manager and BDSP Adviser in researching funding and latest best practices resources and training materials related to the organization’s thematic areas
• Work with BDSP Adviser to monitor and evaluate the implementation of organization’s communication strategy
• Work with BDSP Adviser and Webmaster on website management by posting content and ensuring website is updated on a regular basis
• Assist with the preparation of new information and content for the website.
• Carry out any other assignment given by the line manager.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Development Communication, Social work, Development studies , International Development and/ or another related field; a Masters degree will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years of professional experience working in development sector most especially in communication portfolio in an NGO or other relevant reputable institutions
• Sound knowledge in website development and management; experience on the use of Joomla web applications will be an added advantage
• Sound knowledge and experience of computer application including word, excel, publisher and Corel draw and graphics design
• Ability to interact with other stakeholders, coordinate, take other views into consideration and adapt to external constraints
• Excellent reporting skills and spoken English is essential
• Experience in communication and media relations, media campaigns and promotional materials development
• Experience in working with grassroots communities, private sectors, NGOs and multilaterals and bilateral development agencies and government
Method of Application
Duration of internship: 3 months with a possibility for extension
LOCATION: Effurun-Warri, Delta State- Nigeria
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a writing sample.
Start date: to be discussed.
This internship is an unpaid internship position, and the organization is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from, or for medical insurance during the period of the internship.
Please forward your Cover Letter and CV in ENGLISH to email@example.com
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT THE TITLE OF THIS POSITION AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.